Sunday, March 25, 2012

This past Friday I completely railroaded my players.  My brain just failed to enter creative mode and I couldn't come up with anything amusing, so I turned to Paizo modules for inspiration, and found "The Tower of the Last Baron" which happens to mesh pretty well with the world that I've thrown my players into, so they were forced, in game and out, to go solve this little political squabble.


So let's talk Lego:  For my amusement I decided to see how well I could reproduce the map from the module in Lego.  Here's the first floor map:

And here's a few pictures of my Lego map:

Throne Room

Bedroom, stairs to 2nd floor


Overview of first floor


Quick pictures of the 2nd floor (I tore out the interior walls and rebuilt them while everyone grabbed a soda.)
And here's the original map of the first floor for comparison:


Overall it worked out okay.  I squared off the tower walls, rather than have it octagonal.  The diagonal hallway I was able to recreate, but it was a very tight fit with the door, and trying to place the lego minifigs.  Overall, just working with actual walls rather than lines on paper that the minis can "step on" makes everything a little more complicated.  However, compared to other 3d options, like using Dungeon Forge tiles, I think I was able to reproduce it pretty closely.

One last note, next time a module map has a bathroom on it, if I bother to build it, I'm going to put something in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment